August was such a, "Fly By The Night" month. If we hadn't had our eyes open all the way we would have missed a great deal. Back and forth to Arkansas registering Ashliegh for her new life as a college student was exciting until it was the weekend of actually taking her and leaving her. I really dreaded that weekend, my brain knew it would be such a wonderful experience and she would grow up a great deal, but my heart was breaking to have my child live 6 hours away from me. WOW! Being a Mom is sometimes incredibly hard. Her first weekend she was terribly homesick, (which again broke my heart). My arms just don't reach 6 hours away, but THANK GOODNESS we now have the great invention of CELL PHONES! At least they make make both of our lives a little easier. I've also sent her, her first care package since she was a little down. It was the never ending box of just odds and ends, snacks, plus the two most important items an umbrella and the local paper with her photo in it. I know that was fun to receive. The picture you see there is the main floor of her dorm, it reminds me of something from, "Gone With The Wind". It's just beautiful. Now that she's been there a couple weeks shes made new friends and I think she is enjoying it. I feel it was all really meant to be. Oh I forgot to mention. She couldn't take her car since it really wouldn't make it that far, so immediately I asked if there was by chance anyone there that lived near Sullivan, MO and can you believe there is someone there from Potosi. WHOO HOO! But it doesn't stop there. Bill and I went to pick Ash up in Potosi Friday night for the long Labor Day weekend and we were waiting around for the girls to get there so we got to meet the parents, which I liked. Turns out her step dad has a farm in Farmington, MO and I said, "Oh small world, my whole family is from there." We told him where my brother lived and I couldn't believe it, but his brothers farm is right across the road from my brothers and his farm is right down the road. OH MY GOSH!!! What are the Freakin' odds of that!!! God has told me over and over he wants Ashliegh to go to school at CBC and I can hear him LOUD AND CLEAR.
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Life away from home...
August was such a, "Fly By The Night" month. If we hadn't had our eyes open all the way we would have missed a great deal. Back and forth to Arkansas registering Ashliegh for her new life as a college student was exciting until it was the weekend of actually taking her and leaving her. I really dreaded that weekend, my brain knew it would be such a wonderful experience and she would grow up a great deal, but my heart was breaking to have my child live 6 hours away from me. WOW! Being a Mom is sometimes incredibly hard. Her first weekend she was terribly homesick, (which again broke my heart). My arms just don't reach 6 hours away, but THANK GOODNESS we now have the great invention of CELL PHONES! At least they make make both of our lives a little easier. I've also sent her, her first care package since she was a little down. It was the never ending box of just odds and ends, snacks, plus the two most important items an umbrella and the local paper with her photo in it. I know that was fun to receive. The picture you see there is the main floor of her dorm, it reminds me of something from, "Gone With The Wind". It's just beautiful. Now that she's been there a couple weeks shes made new friends and I think she is enjoying it. I feel it was all really meant to be. Oh I forgot to mention. She couldn't take her car since it really wouldn't make it that far, so immediately I asked if there was by chance anyone there that lived near Sullivan, MO and can you believe there is someone there from Potosi. WHOO HOO! But it doesn't stop there. Bill and I went to pick Ash up in Potosi Friday night for the long Labor Day weekend and we were waiting around for the girls to get there so we got to meet the parents, which I liked. Turns out her step dad has a farm in Farmington, MO and I said, "Oh small world, my whole family is from there." We told him where my brother lived and I couldn't believe it, but his brothers farm is right across the road from my brothers and his farm is right down the road. OH MY GOSH!!! What are the Freakin' odds of that!!! God has told me over and over he wants Ashliegh to go to school at CBC and I can hear him LOUD AND CLEAR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment